Friday, September 3, 2010

Writing and the Day Job

Revising

Back to school

A hectic work week. Ah, my day job  . . .

Which brings me to something I've been thinking about--writing and the day job.

Many writers I know have some lovely writing routines and manage to work through some extraordinary distractions, but I haven't heard from writers who have jobs (you know, those things you do to make money that isn't writing).

I'm fortunate enough to have a day job where I work from home, so I manage, on most days, to put in some writing time before and after work. My work can take a lot of energy out of me, but I am determined to get my writing done!

I would love to hear from some other writers out in the universe with jobs. What do you do? How do you stay motivated?  How do you keep your job from sucking up all your creative energy? What's your schedule like? How do you make time for your writing?

I know the biggest motivation for me is this: The more I write, the more likely I'll be able to leave my day job behind.

Someday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment