Saturday, December 26, 2009

Ghosts

Starting with an image that comes together to words is how I begin. The beginning is always the hardest part. How do I start? Where do I start? Then, the pieces start coming together, and the images come into focus. The sharpness, the narrowing down is like looking through a telescope. Then, I find my way through the colors, shapes, and sizes of possibility.

This is how it begins.

There once was a time when I would need to know exactly how each word was going to fit in. I had to know the whole story first. Then, I found that I didn't need to know everything. Instead, I needed to have an outline of sorts, an image. It's kind of like a ghost shifting, but still there is a form somehow, not solid but existing.


I can move forward with this ghost before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment